Backend Engineer - Magnify
Athens, GreeceOpportunities @ RocketX
Would you find it exciting to contribute to the development of a cutting-edge data platform that revolutionizes how businesses harness the power of data for strategic decision-making? If your answer is yes, then this is your chance!
Who we are:
Magnify is a dynamic startup dedicated to empowering our clients with the tools and insights necessary to develop effective go-to-market strategies. Our online data platform integrates internal CRM and customer data with external prospect data, providing our clients with a comprehensive understanding of their target market and enabling data-driven decision-making.
What we are looking for:
Magnify is seeking a skilled Backend Engineer to play a pivotal role in the development and maintenance of our online data platform. The ideal candidate should possess background in engineering, code maintenance and database management, and demonstrate a passion and curiosity for developing and maintaining software systems.
What magic you will work on:
- Design, develop, test, and maintain scalable and robust server-side applications to support our frontend and mobile applications;
- Collaborate with frontend developers to define APIs and ensure smooth communication between the frontend and backend components;
- Work on database design and management, writing optimized SQL queries, and ensuring efficient data storage and retrieval;
- Implement and optimize business logic, algorithms, and workflows to meet application requirements and enhance overall performance;
- Ensure the security of our applications by implementing best practices and addressing potential vulnerabilities;
- Integrate third-party services and APIs to enhance the functionality of our applications;
- Debug and troubleshoot issues, fix bugs, and provide technical support to ensure the stability of our systems;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Data and QA engineers, to deliver high-quality software solutions;
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies to continually improve our development processes.
How you'll make a difference:
- Analytical mindset and thinking level, ideally with an academic background in software development, engineering and/or related fields;
- Hands-on experience as a backend engineer, with proficiency in Python and a strong understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases;
Strong familiarity with web frameworks, API development, and RESTful services;
Experience with cloud-based data solutions, preferably AWS;
Knowledge of security best practices and experience implementing security measures in web applications;
Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment;
Excellent written & verbal communication skills in English and the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
Based OR willing to relocate in Athens.
What we offer you:
- Strong salary based on experience and potential;
- 25 vacation days (excluding Greek bank holidays);
- Monthly meal vouchers that you can use almost everywhere;
- Contribution to your transportation costs from and to the office;
- Private medical insurance
- Top notch equipment that will get you rolling;
- A modern and vibrant office space at Mavilli Square, which provides fruits, coffee and other snacks;
- Hybrid working model; normally, we love to be around each other 3 days per week;
- Ongoing professional development and training opportunities along with participation to events;
- A collaborative, non hierarchical environment where everyone can bring up ideas and get full responsibility on (side) projects;
- The chance to work with influential client portfolios and innovative tech companies across Europe.